I know, it is typically termed "March Madness", but around our house it's known as "May Madness". This time of year mom always says, "Don't ever get married or have your babies in May." In our family May is filled with Tim's birthday, Mother's day, Graduations, my birthday, Memorial day weekend (which Dad and Tim spent at the Indy 500), and Indy 500 weekend (this is a holiday in and of itself around our house!) Did I forget anything???

Happy Mother's Day!! Mom made out well this year. 2 boxes of dark chocolates from Tim and some books and a foot massage from Amanda. If you know mom well, you know she loves books. This year I had a "Secret Agent" search through her book list and her personal "library" collection to see if she had 2 certain books. After much investigating it was determined that mom did not have the books, so I purchased them for her. When I got home for the weekend, what was laying on the table by her reading chair?!?! That's right, one of the books I had bought her!!! She had just been to the library and thought that book looked good and checked it out! Boy did we have a good laugh about that one. Did I tell you about the time she bought her OWN book back at the library book sale? She got home and found out it was her book because her name was in the inside cover!!!! I love that about my mom, she's always finding great books to read, even if she's read them before!

Happy Birthday to Me!! This year I turned 26! I know! I can't believe I'm that old either!!!!!! Mom and dad came down the week before to celebrate. It was a great weekend; mom and I went shopping for garden flowers and I got my first sun burn of the summer (mom thought it was
hilarious when I started turning 20 shades of red!). I got a new faucet set for my kitchen (you won't see pictures/a blog of me putting this in because I don't know the first thing about this type of plumbing!), some gardening tools, a picture album for my Hawaii pictures, and a wall plaque about daughters. We also went shopping and I found some dresses for Hawaii. I'm really getting excited for our trip. Thanks mom and dad for such a great weekend!!!

To continue the celebrating, I made cupcakes for my co-workers. A couple of them had anniversaries of their hire dates at
work and it was the week of my birthday. They were very tasty strawberry cupcakes with strawberry frosting and sprinkles.

Happy Birthday to ME! For my birthday I got to have lunch with my dear friend Lac! And for supper I got to go out with another of my dear friends, Becca! It was so great to see these two gals! Thanks ladies for making my day so special!!! I also want to say thanks to my family and friends for all their thoughts,calls, and cards. They all mean so much!!! A little side note about my birthday: it always seems to rain! And this year there was even a tornado warning issued for Ellis county! Sorry Becca, I should have warned you of the weather situation on my birthday! I was always the girl with the indoor party when I was little!!!

And finally, it's Memorial weekend. Dad and Tim had a great time at the Indy 500 race. For the Hays area it rained most of the weekend. We even got a little hail with all the rain and tornadoes in our area. I did manage to grill out on Saturday. Saturday I spent some time at the church cleaning and Monday I painted a room that is going to be the new coffee lounge. We are getting closer to being done with our
renovations. In June we will be remodeling the worship area, and during that time we will be worshipping in the new youth center gym. It will be very exciting when our project is all done. I better go enjoy what time I have left of the day. Tomorrow it's back to work! I hope your month of May has been as great as mine!
2 comments:
LOL. I'm sorry Man! I really felt like I was running away from the party and I was having such a nice time talking to you! Do you know, Jason actually loaded the children up in the TRUCK, no car seats or anything, to take them over to the Maier's! Thank goodness they all got there safe. Storms never bothered me until we had the kids. We'll have to go to dinner again sometime!
Hope you had a good birthday. I'm so glad we got to have lunch together!
Post a Comment