Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Home owner tip of the day

So, an adoring fan has recently told me, "You haven't posted anything since the carrot cake." I know, I know. I'm not sure what happened! I can't believe it's almost June.
Here is my home owner's tip of the day:
CLEAN OUT YOUR GUTTERS!!
It's really a simple process, I'll walk you through it.

1.) Get out your ladder. 2.) CAREFULLY scale the ladder with garden hose in hand. 3.) Hook nozzle of sprayer on gutter while you steady yourself on top of the ladder. 4.) Say a quick prayer that you don't fall off or your friends don't drive by while you are steadying yourself on top of the ladder!!! 5.) Aim sprayer along gutter and down into drain spout until all debris is clear of gutter. (It is understood that you turned on the faucet before you climbed the ladder and prayed.)You may need to repeat the above steps a few times, moving the ladder along gutter, until you have a clean gutter.


Notice the pile of sludge that came out of my gutter today. No wonder the rain water was spilling over the sides of my gutter the last couple days!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Oh, so that's why the rain comes out over the edge! Oops. I love reading your blog Man!

About Me

I work in a small rural hospital as an Ambulatory Surgery RN. I absolutely love my job! I'm also very active in my church and attend a woman's small group bible study. I also love spending time with my family and friends.