Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

I just wanted to say "Happy Father's Day" to all the great dads I know. There are 3 great dads pictured here!


Now, I'm going to tell you why I love my dad:

*He has taught me a lot. I can change a tire and check my oil, mow and weed-eat my lawn, and do basic house fix-er-up things, thanks to the teachings of my dad.
*He loves adventure and he's taught me to love this as well. We have gone white water rafting, built houses in Mexico, hot-air ballooning, go-kart racing, and snorkeling.
*I love that he will jump out of a perfectly good airplane with me!
*I love that he is really good at calming me down. I can call him really upset about something and by the end of the conversation he has made me realize that it is no big deal, and there's no need to get so worked up over the situation!
*Dad is also really good at fixing things. My basement leaked and he knew just how to fix it. He's also very good at trouble shooting over the phone. He's very handy!!
*He is also very kind, giving, and selfless. Dad will give to anyone at any time and will ask for nothing in return. He will gladly help anyone out. This is one of the most cherished and priceless lessons he has taught me: give to anyone at anytime when they ask of you.
*My dad is also gentle and full of love! He is so good with kids. Perhaps that is because he is a big kid, himself! He is wonderful with Aiden. I know all of the things he has taught us will be passed along to Aiden.
*He is also very creative...have you seen his Christmas light display? It's getting to be like the Griswolds on steroids!!! Every year he has something new, bigger, and better than the year before.

Today I wish my dad a very special Happy Father's Day! I love you so much!!


No comments:

About Me

I work in a small rural hospital as an Ambulatory Surgery RN. I absolutely love my job! I'm also very active in my church and attend a woman's small group bible study. I also love spending time with my family and friends.