Thursday, August 4, 2011

10 YEARS!





I was working away today and Terri Seek, Chief Nursing Officer came into our unit today. When he comes in we never know if its a good thing or a bad thing! :) He handed me a little box with a pin in it....it was my 10 year service pin. At that moment I had a flood of emotions rush over me. I was kind of excited, then I suddenly felt really old!! Had I really been with HMC for 10 years?? I asked Terri if he was sure this was my pin, and he said "Yes, your name is on the list."



Still in doubt, I went to the HMC web site to find my hire date, and I couldn't find it...guess I'd been there longer than I thought. So the first thing I did when I got home was to find my copy of my application for employment. AND SURE ENOUGH...I filled it out in 2001! So I have come to terms with the fact that I have been with HMC for 10 years, and I'm truly OLD!!! :) I realy like working at the hospital, and am very fortuinate to be in the position that I'm in. I couldn't ask for a better work environment, or group of people to work with.

2 comments:

Becca said...

WOW Man! That's crazy! And awesome! :) Happy anniversary!

Laci said...

Congrats!!

About Me

I work in a small rural hospital as an Ambulatory Surgery RN. I absolutely love my job! I'm also very active in my church and attend a woman's small group bible study. I also love spending time with my family and friends.