You are probably asking, so, where's the fan? Well, typically with projects around the Gittinger household they take longer than expected and we run into problems. Dad had the fan all hooked up and we turned the switch on, and it wouldn't work! Come to find out with his handy-dandy voltage meter there weren't enough volts coming from the switch. Dad wasn't sure why this was the case..maybe it was the broken wire in the ceiling. So he has wire nuts on the ends of the wires and is going to ask someone about this problem. So this little "2 hour job" stays on the "To-Do list" for another day when dad can come back down to finish it. So for now, if you come to be my guest, you have no light/ceiling fan in the guest room. I've set you up with the floor lamp pictured above!!!!!
The to-do list is getting things marked off of it!!!! How exciting! Thanks dad for helping out this weekend...I really appreciate it.
Here's some updates on other things going on since I last posted. Mom had her birthday on the 10th. Tim participated in his second demo derby and placed 5th overall...this was better than the first demmo of the season. His car is still running and there is rumor that he may in fact take it to Nebraska to finish it off. The motto of a good demo guy is: run it till it don't run anymore! For those of you who don't know, our Hawaii trip is booked, and we do have insurance. I'm back on track to sky dive!!!!! Word is I'm only being allowed one suitcase...size small to pack everything in. I'm not sure how I'm going to get all my clothes in, but I'll figure out a way, because I'm sure as heck not going to miss a trip to Hawaii! I may have to do a trial run in packing before the trip! Oh, our church is having an open house Sept. 6th! Our new addition is done and we are already putting it to good use. We have hosted youth conference and VBS and we have KidFest coming up. We are also adding a third service...yes, a third but this service is geared for youth and will be held in the new gym at the 10:45 service. What an exciting time for our growing church!
One more thing.....Happy Anniversary to Mom and Dad on the 27th!!!!!
2 comments:
Glad you and your Dad got lots done!
I can totally relate with that to-do list. It is definately a Gittinger phenom that things take at least twice as long as we hope. I'm so glad you get to go to Hawaii! I hope you have a blast and get to sky dive!
Post a Comment